You exercise hard to either build muscle and or lose weight, then you want a high fast absorbing protein source to re-build muscle fast as protein powder. Protein powder is very convenient and fast absorbing depending on which type you choose to use. Just try to get a huge daily intake of good quality protein by eating food alone, it can be very hard to do on a daily basis.
Protein powder is usually an essential supplement for bodybuilders as it saves time, money and helps build muscle faster. There is however, a possible side effect of taking protein powders as it may cause some people to have constipation issues. This has been seen using even as little a one scoop a day, or around 26-30 grams of protein powder. I know this happens as it happened to myself and many others I have talked to over the years. The constipation degree can be from very mild to extreme and if not corrected can lead to health problems.
After dealing with this issue for years, I was able to figure out how to prevent it most of the time and how to rid the constipation issue if could not prevent it. Of course you need to drink more water when consuming any protein powders, that’s very well known and done in most cases. You also need to up your oil intake when using these protein powders so it all stays soft and does not harden up like cement in your intestines. Here is what I now do when taking a serving or more of proten powder to help prevent constipation.
- Take one tablespoon oil (Flax Oil, Olive Oil etc) before and after the protein drink. If you want to mix in all in together, that is fine.
- Also just before you take your protein drink, take 2-3 fish oil capsules to get some oil deeper into your intestines.
- For every 30-40 grams of protein powder used, drink 2 extra cups of plain water mixed with nothing, just water!
- Never drink your protein drink shortly after eating high fiber foods, as may attach onto the fiber and harden. Can eat high fiber shortly after protein drinks if you wish.
- Drink your protein drink slowly, do not drink it all at once fast if over 40 grams of protein.
Now if you follow this guide line you will most likely not get constipation, but if this does not work, you will have to possibly take some stool softeners for a while to clear it all up or do an Olive Oil and Orange Juice Flush! This fast easy to do cure works like magic to clear up constipation issues. If you want to try this constipation home remedy always make sure it’s ok with your doctor first.
Oilve Oil And Orange Juice Flush:
- Mix 1/2 cup of pure extra virgin olive oil to 2 cups 100% orange juice and drink this all at once first thing in the morning.
- Do not eat anything for about 2 hours, just drink hot liqiuds such as hot water, tea, coffee etc. This will help the whole procedure work better and faster.
If you need to do this flush for a few datys in a row that is fine. The Olive Oil will lubricate your whole intestinal system from top to bottom ands isalso a very mild antibacterial.
I have been bodybuilding for over 30 years and have used these procedures to rid myself of constipation issues of taking protein powders many times over, now you have the secret and it really works!
More articles you may want to read below: