Having had to deal with foot pain or pains in the bottom of my feet and Achilles Heel areas, I can help you with a few good home remedies I used. First off, if you are having serious foot pain in the actual bone as each foot has 24 bones and well over 100 muscles, you should go see your doctor. If your pain is in the muscles or tendons then you should still see your doctor, but there is also a few home remedies you can try.
I am not talking treating foot situations as bunions and hammertoes, but problems as very sore areas on the bottom of your feet, like sharp stinging, pulling, painful inflammatory like pain. This is called Plantar fasciitis and is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia, the actual connective tissue on the sole or bottom surface of the foot. Mine even traveled into my ankle areas, so it was very painful to walk. This kind of foot problem can just start out of nowhere, one day all is fine the next day, your feet hurt like hell and you feel like you are 100 years old. It gets kinda scary when you cannot walk, you mind freaks out and start to think of the problems with the feet and the possible chance it will never go away.
This type of foot problem can arise from a few different things such as:
- Weight Gain
- Walking in bare-feet
- Thinning of the pad of fat on bottom of the foottendinitis
- stress fracture
- Wearing poor fitting shoes
The number one cause of heel pain and general foot pain is plantar fasciitis, which is usually the worst first in the morning. This pain can last all day and will usually can worse if not treated. I believe my foot pain began as a results of my heavy weight training, in which I did heavy squats for years and I have to figure out a way to cure this problem myself as my doctor was of little help.
This is what I did to help my foot pain go away and a few of my friends have tried my remedy as they had similar problems and it also worked for them. Your pain will not go away over night, it will take a little time and you must stick with the treatment even a little after you are fine.
Here is what I did to treat my foot pain:
- Soak your feet in a hot bath 2 to 3 times daily. You can message the foot pain area as you soak to bring in more blood to the area.
- Stretch your feet 2 to 3 times daily. To stretch your feet put your foot against a wall or poll so your foot will be pointing up, now lean forward to feel the stretch in the foot and a Achilles Heel area. You have to hold the stretch on each foot for at least 5 minutes.
- Wear thick socks, this helps to pad the feet a little.
- Use gel foot insoles pads in your shoes to again keep the foot padded. This can greatly reduce the pain as you are healing.
- If your feet hurt to bad walking around in your home, wrap your feet with tension bandages found at any drugstore. This will again cushion your feet and help keep them warm.
This home remedy foot pain treatment really works! You must stick with it if you want your feet to heal. I also recommend you drink lots of water and take electrolytes (powder is best) This will actually help keep water in you, therefore filling the foot pad area for better cushioning, less pain and faster healing. I found out this works by accident. Every time I would load up with electrolytes before working out, my foot pains reduced.
Give this home remedy a try and see if it works for you. If after a few months your foot pain has not gone away or reduced greatly, go see a professional foot care expert.
More articles you can checkout If you want to win the lottery easier: