Most people who train with weights or exercise, want to know how to recuperate from exercise fast. One of the main reasons people fail to continue exercising is the long recuperation after exercise, or to be blunt, the recuperation pain! For most people, normal recuperation takes about 48 to 72 hours to get you back to normal again. There are however some tips and strategies to speed up your recuperation and even lessen the sore muscle pains.
If you just exercise and really do not take in good amounts of water, good food, electrolytes, vitamins and minerals after, your recuperation times will much longer. Your body gets broken down while weight training or exercising and must start to re-build right after you are done. So lets assume you have just finished a weight training session, here is a guide line to follow right after for very fast recuperation times. Take about 10-15 minutes between each step.
- In 2 cups water, combine powdered electrolytes and some BCAA’s (Branched Chain Amino Acids) plus some Vitamin C.
- Drink a protein drink such as whey protein or a glass or 2 of milk.
- Have a cup of coffee, this helps to speed things up, reduces muscle pain, helps pull in carbs into the muscles which hold water, which helps to speed recuperation.
- Time to eat! Have a meal with protein, carbs, vegetables.
- Stretch area’s you hit during training, then either sit back and relax or sit in a warm bath and relax. If in the bath add some Epsom Salts to your bath, good for your muscles aches and pains.
- Make sure you get a good night sleep.
Of course if you are a serious weight trainer you will need much more protein, carbs and so on about every 2 hours. If you are just doing a regular exercise routine that is more mild and not high impact, you do not need to do as much.
Here are some tips that you should do after a workout, as doing these will actually slow down your recuperation times.
- Drinking Alcohol.
- Smoking (includes recreational drugs).
- Being stressed out.
- Being to active not resting enough.
If you are serious about reducing your recuperation times, it would be wise to follow these steps. Of course there are other tips or strategies that can also help speed up recuperation as stretching your muscles, but these are easiest and fastest to apply.
More good articles you may wish to read: